Amazon Japan announced the top 10 games bought on their site from December 1, 2012 to November 30, 2013. Let’s take a look at Japan’s favorite games!
1) Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)
2) Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori [lit. “Animal Forest: Jump Out]) (3DS)
3) Pokémon X (3DS)
4) Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS3)
5) Pokémon Y (3DS)
6) Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
7) JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (PS3)
8) Tomodachi Collection: New Life (3DS)
9) Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5: Yume Kanaeshi Mono [lit. “Like a Dragon 5: Fulfiller of Dreams”]) (PS3)
10) Ace Attorney 5 (Gyakuten Saiban [lit. “Turnabout Trial”]) (3DS)
As you can see, seven of the top ten spots went to 3DS games proving that mobile gaming is still very much a big part of life in Japan. PS3 took the remaining three spots showing Xbox had no chance in Japan, at least for 2013. We’ll see how Microsoft does next year!
Source: Hachima Kikou