Chinese man’s body covered in bruises after eating shish kebab possibly containing rat meat

Chinese man’s body covered in bruises after eating shish kebab possibly containing rat meat

According to reports from media outlets in Beijing on July 22, a man who consumed what he believed to be a regular shish kebab was rushed to hospital after bruises appeared across the whole of his body. Doctors immediately performed a blood test which revealed traces of rat poison.

The man is thought to have been in Beijing on vacation from Northeastern China with his girlfriend and parents at the time. According to the man, despite his usual habit of dining at the restaurants inside the hotels he stays at, he thought he’d try “real local food” from the street stall, and who can blame him?

However, here it is believed that what the man ate contained some “other form of meat.” Whether the foreign meat was that of a rat or not remains unclear, but theoretically any animal that inhabits low places and may consume poison laid for rats is a likely candidate. With this in mind, it could have even been a dog, cat or some other furry creature, but it certainly wasn’t meant for human consumption

Doctors believe that the rat poison contained in the mystery meat is responsible for the man’s condition. The public was advised to avoid eating from local food stands, where the hygiene level of the foods on sale is difficult to regulate.

Source: Yahoo! Japan

Advertisements
Chinese man’s body covered in bruises after eating shish kebab possibly containing rat meat