With Santa filling his sack and preparing for the annual world tour, pâtisseries and chocolate stores around Japan are marking the occasion with all sorts of cute and delicious dedications to the jolly, red-suited fellow. Now you can join in the fun no matter where you are, with these adorable Christmas treats to make at home. You won’t believe how quick and simple these sweets are!
Tofu Ice-cream Snowmen
Healthy and easy to make, even without an ice-cream maker!
Ingredients: 300 g silken tofu, 100 g soy milk, 65 g sugar, 50 g fresh cream, desiccated coconut, chocolate.
1. Put all ingredients except the coconut and chocolate in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour the mix into a flat, rectangular tray and place in a freezer.
3. Stir once every hour for 4 hours. Getting a good amount of air into the mix when stirring will make the end result nice and smooth.
4. Take the mixture out of the freezer and use a spoon to roll the it into balls for your snowmen figures.
5. Roll the balls in coconut, covering them entirely.
6. Spoon melted chocolate into a small bag and chop off one corner to create a chocolate “pen”. Now draw on your faces!
If you’re after a quick Christmas treat, then try your hand at decorating cupcakes!
Ingredients: Cupcakes, marshmallows, strawberries, whipped cream, green food colouring, chocolate, red fruit roll-ups
Make Christmas trees with green-coloured whipped cream and snowmen with marshmallows and fruit roll-up scarves and strawberry hats. Place them on cupcakes for a quick and adorable treat, perfect for party celebrations.
This one is perfect if you’re rushed for decorating time. Simply create your snowmen with two scoops of ice-cream in a glass, pop on some chocolate eyes and a slice of real carrot for the nose. Et voila! A cute treat in seconds!
And if you’re after another fast and simple Christmas creation, you can’t go wrong with these strawberry santas. Simply chop the strawberries into hat and body pieces, add some whipped cream, decorate with chocolate and candy pieces. Boom. Strawberry santa.
Place on a serving tray and you’ve got an army of adorable santas!
Pop one in your favourite dessert to give it a Christmas touch
Or try out some Japanese-style kaomoji face designs
The many faces of a whipped cream santa.
If you’ve run out of whipped cream, don’t worry! Why not try some sliced banana faces instead?
Or some square-cut sponge cake faces?
With only days left until Christmas, it’s not too late to get started on these Christmas recipes. And from all of us here at RocketNews24, Happy Christmas!
Sources: erhu8 Howサーチ Mery Rakuten Misbit.com Miyanomayu3 Masako’s Room Gellry Sisters Horihoring Soutannmama